- Pavilions often include bathrooms, tables & seating for ~$150/day.
- No catering/alcohol restrictions minus signing a waiver.
- Having a beautiful state park as the backdrop in your photos.
- Family/friends from out of state can camp overnight or rent a cabin.
- $7 per vehicle entry fee.
- You may not be able to reserve a specific space as your ceremony site, i.e., the waterfalls.
- Pavilions may need to be booked one year in advance..
- Being mindful of how loud the music is & where the speakers are pointed.
The most important thing before renting any venue is to ask lots of questions!
To get some inspiration and to see what kind of ceremonies are possible here's a selection of real, beautiful weddings in the Finger Lakes region.
The Wedding of Wayland and Karen, Treman State Park, Ithaca, N.Y.
The Wedding of Jason and Kim, Taughannock Falls State Park, Trumansburg, N.Y.
The Wedding of Jonathan and Wendy, Stony Brook State Park, Dansville, N.Y.
The Wedding of Ryan & Jennifer, Letchworth State Park, Castile, N.Y.
The Wedding of Patrick & Karen, Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, N.Y.
The Wedding of Jen & Zach, Green Lakes State Park, Syracuse, N.Y.
The Wedding of Rachel & Chad, Letchworth State Park, Castile, N.Y.
The Wedding of Emily & Michael, Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The image to the left is the south entrance pavilion at the Watkins Glen State Park & is a *great* example of how beautiful some of the ceremony options. They are also plentiful and most of the the state parks offer permits for weddings.
Visit NYSParks.com for a list of parks in the region.